- April 13, 2014: Quiz 1 solution has been posted in the quizzes section below.
- February 03, 2014: Lecture 1 is posted here.
- February 03, 2014: First week we will be discussing the fundamentals of database theories to make sure all of you are on the same level and that you are ready to understand the advanced topics
Click here to go the restricted course material section. Please consult with Teaching Assistant to get the username and password. Please be advised that the course materials are copyrighted by either myself or the publisher.
- Week15(Sat-Wed): All groups have to arrange a suitable time during this week to show the TA or me a working demo
- By Week15(Thursday until 12 midnight): All groups have to submit the final soft-copies of report and code by email to me. Also cc your TA.
Time and Day
Monday — 12:00-1:50 pm [Section1G]
Tuesday — 8:00-9:50 [Section2G]and 12:00-1:50 [Section1]
Thursday — 2:00-2:50 [Section2G]and 3:00-3:50 [Section1G] and 12:00-12:50 [Section1]
Quiz 3 exam date: April XX (Sunday)-->The quiz will contain ....
Quiz 2: April XX-->The quiz will contain ...
Quiz 1: April 10, 2014--> Solution to Quiz1
1. Project Home Page
2. Project Report Template 3. Code samples of different projects
Final Exam June XX, 2014
Advanced Databases Final exam (for slides and other contents go to the lecture page)
- 1. Database Systems: Models, Languages, Design And Application Programming, By Ramez Elmasri and Shamkant Navathe, 6th Edition, Pearson International Edition
- 2. Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management, By Peter Rob and Carlos Coronel, 7th Edition.
Note: The books are available in the library for renting or buying
- 1. MySQL (open source)
- 2. PostgreSQL (open source)
- 3. MS SQL Server / MS Access(Microsoft Corporation)
Note: In the afternoon session, we will be mostly concentrating on implementation of the theory that we go over the morning session.